Foods to Prevent Breast Cancer
- Tomatoes - Tomatoes contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that can prevent the development of breast cancer by stopping cancer cell growth.lycopene also stops tumor growth by interfering with abnormal cell growth.
- Salmon - Salmon is an oily fish that contains a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids that slow the growth of cancerous tumors and boost the immune system. salmon is a lean protein and a good source of vitamins B12 and D. All these elements provide your body with the nutrients required to regulate cell growth and prevent cancer.
- Garlic - The sulfur compounds, flavones and flavonols present in garlic help in preventing breast cancer. It is also effective in killing cancer cells associated with breast, mouth, stomach and colon cancer.
- Spinach - Spinach contains the antioxidant lutein that plays a key role in guarding against breast cancer along with mouth, esophagus and stomach cancer. it also rich in zeaxanthin and carotenoids that remove unstable molecules called free radicals from your body before they cause damage.
- Flaxseed - Flaxseed contains high levels of lignans that protect against estrogen-dependent cancers like breast cancer. Flaxseed and flaxseed oil are among the few sources of the essential omega-3 fatty acid ALA, which forms a protective shield against cancer cells responsible for breast cancer.
- Turmeric - Turmeric contains a compound known as curcumin that can inhibit various types of cancer cells, such as breast, gastrointestinal, lung and skin cancer.