Child Body Care Tips
- Instead of soap you can sometimes use a mixture of gram flour (besan) and milk to bathe the baby.
- To massage the baby you could use
- A mixture of gram flour (basen) and cream with a pinch of turmeric. Apply the mixture on the baby’s body and gently rub it off.
- Take a small ball of wheat dough. Apply some massage oil on it. Massage the baby with this ball by rubbing it over the baby’s body. The strokes should be against the hair growth. This is an excellent remedy for removing body hair from a newborn.
- A rich moisturizer can be made by melting 2 tbsp unsalted butter, 1 tbsp lanolin, 2 tsp glycerine and 3 tbsp olive or almond oil, over a double boiler. Beat well.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves and basil leaves and wash your hair regularly with it to get rid of lice.
- To get rid of Band-aid or ugly gray plaster marks apply some lukewarm coconut oil to the area and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash off with soap water.
- To remove paint or fast colour from your skin, apply curd on the effected part. After few minutes rub and wash it off.