Study Says men gain fat after they become father for the first time
- On survey of over 10,000 men, it is found that men gain enough fat after they become fathers for the first time. Study says, this could increase the risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- A six-feet man who lives with his child gained an average of about 2kg after becoming fathers for the first time. By contrast, the average six-feet man who was not a father actually lost more than half-a-kg over the same time period
- Higher their BMI (body mass index), the greater risk for heart disease as well as diabetes and cancer
- Other factor gaining weight are age, race, education, income, daily activity, screen time and marriage status
- This Increase in weight is addition to the increase in resulting from marriage