Rice and Coconut Cakes
- Roasted Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 2 tbsp (Alter according to desired sweetness)
- Salt – a pinch
- Hot Water – 2 cups approx (depends on the rice flour used)
- Cardamom Powder (Elakka podi) – 1/2 tsp
- Raisins – a small handful (optional)
- Broken Cashews – a small handful (optional)
Beat the egg thoroughly. Prepare a thick batter using all the above ingredients. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Heat a cast-iron or non-stick griddle. Pour one or two ladles of batter. Spread the batter lightly to make a round and thick pancake (around 1/2 to 3/4″ thick).
Cover and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Once the top appears to be set, flip the pancake and cook for a few more minutes.
Remove the pancake when the inside is cooked and the outsides are light golden brown in color.
Cut it into squares and serve it as a tea-time snack.