Bread Masala Stir Fry
- Bread Slices – 5
- Diced Onions – 1 small
- Diced Tomatoes – 1 medium
- Slit Green Chillies – 2 small
- Curry Leaves – A small sprig
- Finely Chopped Cilantro (Malli Ella) – A few
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp (Alter according to your spice tolerance)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as needed
Remove the edges from the bread and slice it into cubes.
Heat oil in a non stick pan and splutter mustard seeds. Saute onions until translucent.
Add curry leaves, green chillies and tomatoes along with salt and continue sauteing until the tomatoes are cooked.
Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat and add cilantro, turmeric powder and chilly powder. Stir fry for a minute.
If using ketchup, add it to the pan. Add a few tablespoons of water and mix the masala.
Throw in the bread chunks and toss everything together and remove from stove.