- Onion: 1 large or 2 medum, sliced.
- Besan flour: 3 to 4 tbsp or maybe a little more if needed.
- Rice flour: 1 tbsp (optional)
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder: 1 tsp.
- Asafoitida (kayam): A big fat pinch.
- Turmeric Powder: A big fat pinch.
- Curry Leaves: 1 sprig, chopped.
- Soda Powder: A big fat pinch.
- Salt: 1/2 tsp or as needed.
- Water: As needed, to bind the batter.
Slice the onions.
Put the sliced onions in a bowl and add in the besan flour and the rest of the ingredients, add little water and mix well with your hand preferably.the consistency is not so watery or not so thick so add water cautiously.
Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil. Drop a tsp of each into hot oil or you can drop in bigger sized ones if you prefer. Deep fry till crispy and golden brown, strain into a paper napkin.
Serve hot with tea.